Wincanton Camera Club Constitution
(Issue no. 6, September 2010)
1. The club shall be known as the "WINCANTON CAMERA CLUB" (WCC) and shall be affiliated through the Western Counties Photographic Federation (WCPF) to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB).
2. The objectives of the club are to improve the photographic skills of members by the exchange of ideas and peer group instruction and, in so doing, to promote the art and craft of photography for the enjoyment of its members, and to display their work to the wider public. The club shall arrange venues where members can meet socially and hold meetings of a practical and technical nature.
3. A managing Committee shall be formed. This shall consist of a CHAIRMAN, VICE CHAIRMAN, TREASURER, ADMINISTRATION/PROGRAMME SECRETARY, COMPETITION SECRETARY, PROPERTY OFFICER AND WEBMASTER.
4. A committee meeting quorum shall consist of four committee members.
5. The annual subscription shall be payable on application for membership and thereafter annually at the first autumn meeting of the club. Visitors invited by individual members of the club shall pay a fee for every event attended. The amount of subscription and fee shall be determined by the committee and shall be the subject of approval by the members at the AGM.
6. Membership of the club is open to all, regardless of age, gender, race, creed or sexual orientation. However, the club shall have the right to refuse membership or terminate the membership of any member bringing, or likely to bring, the club into disrepute.
7. The committee shall be elected each year at the AGM and all committee members shall be fully paid up members of the club. The current committee shall stand down each year and its members shall be considered for re-election only if they have been formally proposed and seconded by club members. Preferably no committee member shall serve continuously in the same post for more than five years.
8. The committee shall meet as necessary.
9. The equipment owned by the club shall only be loaned to members of the WCC.
10. The annual general meeting (AGM) shall be held in May of each year and all members shall be given an agenda at least 14 days prior to the meeting.
11. Nominations for committee posts, including the name of the proposer and seconder, shall be submitted to the Administration Secretary at least 48 hours before the meeting.
12. Members unable to attend the AGM may forward their votes on any proposition in writing to the Administration Secretary at least 48 hours before the meeting.
13. All motions for consideration at the AGM shall be sent to the Administration Secretary at least 21 days before the meeting.
14. The committee shall be authorised to co-opt a member, as necessary. Members shall be given the opportunity to vote on the appointment at the first available ordinary meeting of the club.
15. The committee may propose a current member for the honorary post of Life Vice Chairman in recognition of services to the Club over a period of time. Such a proposal must be supported by a majority vote of members at the AGM or an EGM. Life Vice Chairmanship does not confer ex-officio membership of the Club Committee. More than one member may be accorded this honour concurrently.
16. The financial year shall end on the 30th April and a balance sheet be prepared for approval at the AGM. The club's bank account shall be operated on the authority of two out of three authorised signatories.
17. In the event of the dissolution of the club, the remaining assets shall be donated to the WCPF.
18. Amendments to these rules shall be made either at the AGM or an Extraordinary General Meeting convened at the request of at least five members of the club and by signed application to the Administration Secretary.